Yikyik was a kobold ranger that served as Belkar's counterpart in the original Linear Guild lineup. He was billed as Belkar's "evil opposite", despite having a similar personality. He was prejudiced against Halflings, possibly taking them as his favored enemy.
Dungeon Crawlin' FoolsEdit
Two years later, when the Guild wished to acquire The Talisman of Dorukan, they were hired by Xykon to kill The Order of the Stick. He met fellow ranger Belkar Bitterleaf and his complementary prejudice against kobolds. The two followed Roy and Thog to reach the Earth Sigil. Yikyik harassed Belkar by stabbing him on the back as they walked.
Their intense hatred for each other culminated after Nale betrayed the Order and the two parties did battle, where Yikyik was defeated by Belkar, and subsequently turned into a "swanky new leather hat". This began a running gag whereby Belkar would use the heads of the various kobold members of the Linear Guild and turn them into "something wacky".
Personality and TraitsEdit
His personality was quite similar to Belkar's: he was crude, juvenile, and enjoyed causing pain. He was the father of Yokyok, despite the two kobolds' large differences; his death caused Yokyok to seek revenge on Belkar.
His name may be a reference to Pun-Pun, a theoretical kobold character build with almost limitless power, although the similarities seem to begin and end with their race.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Ranger: As Belkar's "evil oppoiste", Yikyik was also a ranger of some ability.
- Combat Reflexes: While Yikyik antagonized Belkar while on their way to the Earth Sigil, the kobold displayed this feat.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
- ↑ Comic #725, "The Significantly-More-Secret Origin of Tarquin and Nale"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Comic #48, "Stab of Opportunity"
- ↑ Comic #69, "Hey, It Was Worth a Shot"
- ↑ Comic #835, "A Dish Best Served Warm, After All"
|Nale • Sabine • Thog • Zz'dtri • Hilgya Firehelm • Yikyik • Yokyok • Yukyuk • Leeky Windstaff • Pompey|
|43, 44, 47, 48, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 63, 69, 74, 75, 142, 668, 725|