|“Wow, That's a Spicy Meatball!”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||1 January 2009|
|View the comic|
Haley contemplates whether or not to execute Bozzok.
- Haley Starshine ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Celia ◀ ▶
- Bozzok (also frozen) ◀ ▶
- Hank ◀ ▶
- Ba?spear Troll
- Two Human Head Meatballs
- Panel 1
Haley: Hey, this two-on-one thing is pretty sweet, I can see why you like it.
Haley shoots two arrows into Bozzok, "fft! fft!"
Bozzok: Shut up, you ungrateful brat! When Crystal gets here, we're going to—
Belkar full attacks Bozzok: stab! stab! stabbity stab!
- Panel 2
Haley hits Bozzok with an arrow, freezing Bozzok into an icicle.
Haley: Ooo! Icy Burst! Yes!
Belkar: Nice! Though that peppermint smell is making me hungry again.
Belkar: Where the hell is my sandwich anyway?
- Panel 3
Haley: OK, Bozzok, end of the road for you.
Belkar (off-panel): WAIT!!
- Panel 4
Belkar: Don't you think you should make some sort of cold-related pun while you kill him?
Belkar: You know, Arnie style?
Haley: Oh, yeah, I guess you're right.
- Panel 5
Haley: OK, Bozzok, time to put you on—
Celia (off-panel): WAIT!!
Haley: Oh, NOW what?!?
- Panel 6
Celia: Don't kill him Haley!
Celia: I negotiated a truce with the Thieves' Guild.
Haley: You did WHAT???
Belkar: Instead of getting my lunch??? I thought we were a team!
- Panel 7
Haley: Aren't truces generally for people who haven't already, I dunno, WON?
Celia: Come on, put the bow down. Do you really want any more bloodshed today?
Haley: Sorta, yeah!
- Panel 8
Hank: How about bloodshed tomorrow? Or next month? You still care about the common people of Greysky City, right?
Hank: That was your dad's shtick, wasn't it? Rob from the rich, give 40% to the poor?
Haley: 40%, after reasonable expenses.
Hank: Well, obviously.
- Panel 9
Hank: You know that there's no nice and orderly line of succession for the Guild.
Hank: You kill the Boz-cicle here, and it'll be a free-for-all until someone muscles their way to the top, long after you and your adventuring pals have left.
Hank: Remember, it took Bozzok over a year to consolidate the Guild under his rule.
- Panel 10
Hank: And in the meantime, we have a dangerous power vacuum. There are groups worse for the city than the Thieves' Guild.
Haley: Tell me you're not talking about—
Hank: Yeah... The MOBs.
- Panel 11
Ba?spear Troll: They camped outside Two-Life Tony's cave and just waited for him to respawn.
Blue?agon: You get a train over there, and you make them an aggro they can't refuse.
Ba?spear Troll: Yes, Boss Monster.
- Panel 12
Hank: Do you really want things to get that "video gamey"?
Haley: Please. Someone says that every time there's a change around here. I just don't see it.
Belkar: Hey, can I get a buff in case we go back to pwning their doods? kthx.
D&D Context Edit
- Haley's +5 Icy Burst longbow has the additional ability of freezing the enemy in a block of ice when scoring a critical hit.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is known for his witty one-liners prior to killing someone in his movies. Arnold appeared in the 1997 film Batman & Robin as wikipedia:Mr. Freeze#Film. This is probably the preponderance of cold-related one-liners in Arnold's career.
- This is the only appearance of Ba?spear Troll and Blue?agon, the World of Warcraft mobs whose character names are partially obscured by their speech balloons.
- The last two panels parody the MMORPG style of video games:
- The sign on the restaurant window reads: "Blizzard's Ristorante". Blizzard Entertainment is the publisher of World of Warcraft, the world's most-subscribed MMORPG.
- The troll and dragon's character names appear above them as in WoW and other MMORPGs.
- The troll and dragon are introduced as "MOBs". Mobs in video games are computer-controlled non-player characters.
- In many of these games, players can respawn after they die.
- Spawn Camping is when a player waits at the place where mobs respawn in order to kill them again.
- Aggro is short for "aggravation". "Causing aggro" is the act of performing actions in order to attract mobs to kill a player character.
- Boss monsters are powerful mobs which are usually stationed at the end of a quest of some sort. It may take many players to beat a boss monster.
- Buffs increase the characters stats for a period of time.
- Pwning is a leetspeak term derived from the verb "own". The term inplies domination or humiliation of a rival.
- "doods" and "kthx" are internet slang terms for "dudes" and "ok thanks", respectively.