|“Will Save the Day”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||31 August 2015|
|View the comic|
The battle between Roy and "Durkon" begins. Durkon attempts to Dominate Roy.
- Roy Greenhilt (also dominated) ◀ ▶
- Durkon Thundershield (as vampire) ◀ ▶
- High Priests of the Northern Pantheon:
- Representative of the Southern Pantheon ◀ ▶
- Gods of the Asgardian Pantheon:
- Panel 1
Roy lands in the Great Nave on his feet.
- Panel 2
Roy swings his sword at the High Priest of Hel, knocking him on his back with a loud "THONK!".
- Panel 3
"Durkon": A fight? Already?
"Durkon": I fully expected to have to listen to another one of your tedious speeches first.
- Panel 4
Hel: No changing your vote, Heimdall. I may not have been able to attend these little meetings, but I've kept up with procedures.
Loki: Ugh, I should never have pushed for that "No Backsies" rule.
- Panel 5
"Durkon": But what happened to the Roy that said, "I refuse to kill anyone because it's slightly more convenient than talking to them"?
Roy: This is different.
Roy: This is a lot more convenient.
Roy strikes "Durkon" with his sword, hitting his pauldrons, "CLANK!"
- Panel 6
Roy: When we walked in here, we were already planning on destroying your vampire body and resurrecting you.
Roy: I'm just moving up the timetable.
- Panel 7
"Durkon" uses his vampire gaze.
"Durkon": Still... I don't think you want to fight me, Roy.
"Durkon": We've been friends for years.
- Panel 8
Roy falls under his Domination.
High Priest of Hel: I think what you want is to put your sword down and try to reason with me instead of attacking.
High Priest of Hel: Wouldn't you rather talk than fight? You like talking so much.
- Panel 9
- Panel 10
Roy breaks free of the gaze, "SNAPOUTTA!", and slashes the High Priest of Hel with his sword, landing a blow, "SLASH!!"
D&D Context Edit
- "Durkon" again uses his Dominate ability, an inherent ability of vampires in D&D 3.5.
- With regards to the title, In D&D, a successful Will Save is used to negate mental control (such as a Vampire's Dominate ability).