|“The Price of Yummies”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||10 June 2010|
|View the comic|
Gannji and Enor lament the lost bounty for Nale.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Gannji ◀ ▶
- Enor ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Warlock ▶
- Brunchroom Lizardfolk Soldier ▶
- Brunchroom Human Soldier ▶
- Panel 1
Establishing shot outside a thatched-roof building. A sign out front reads, "SUNRISE BLOODY SUNRISE Bed & Breakfast"
Gannji: And the worst part was how much paperwork I needed to fill out in order to get my weapon back!
- Panel 2
Gannji: I mean, you'd think the "blood" around here was really just red tape.
Enor: I thought it went pretty well.
Gannji: How can you say that?
- Panel 3
Enor: Well, we screwed up and got yummies anyway. We should do that more often.
Gannji: We can't afford to do that more often.
Enor: Why not?
- Panel 4
Gannji: With the cost of two Teleport scrolls, the Strength poison, the magical bolt and all those potions we guzzled before we attacked—
Gannji: —we only cleared a few thousand gold on this mark. That's not nearly enough profit for a job this dangerous.
Enor: But it wouldn't BE dangerous!
Enor: We used all that stuff trying to capture the right person—but there are wrong people everywhere!
Enor: We can just grab someone off the street.
- Panel 5
Enor: Then we bring them in and complain that the poster was confusing.
Gannji: OK, I'm going to stop you right there, before you decide to spill my juice on yourself and then sue the inn for it being too cold for your ectothermic blood.
Enor: Hey, that might—
- Panel 6
Gannji: Assuming we could even find other states willing to pay for a screw-up, we're not going to do that.
Gannji: As a reptile, I've gotten through my whole life without sucking on a teat, I'm not about to start with the government's.
Gannji: We make an honest living. I'm not going to tarnish our fine profession of beating people unconscious and transporting them across international borders with...with petty fraud!
- Panel 7
Enor: OK. Sorry, Gannji.
Gannji: It's fine. You were just trying to help.
Gannji pats Enor, "pat pat pat".
- Panel 8
The scene switches perspective, with Gannji and Enor from behind, still at the same bar, and Roy and Belkar in the foreground.
Gannji: The important thing is that it's done, and we don't have to worry about that job every again.
Belkar: Do you smell ylang-ylang?
- "Sunrise Bloody Sunrise" is a reference to the U2 song Sunday Bloody Sunday from their 1983 album War.
- Gannji talking about "spill my juice on yourself and then sue the inn for it being too cold" probably refers to the infamous case where a customer sued McDonald's because she spilled a coffe that was "served too hot", Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants
- "Ylang-ylang" was first mentioned in comic #711, "The Rouge's Guild", as an ingredient in the moisturizer that Haley buys. Roy is holding the Wanted poster from #716 that Haley stuck with Crystal's knife which she had been holding and thus had her scent on it.
- Roy is carrying Haley's Icy Burst bow which she lost in #713.
- This is the first appearance of the Bruchroom Warlock (at the bar), and the two soldiers of the Empire of Blood at the B&B.