|“The Last Room”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||17 June 2013|
|View the comic|
The Linaer Guild reaches the center of Girard's pyramid, only to find that the whole complex appears to be an elaborate joke. Girard, however, knew that not all illusions are magical.
- Durkon Thundershield (as vampire) ◀ ▶
- The Linear Guild
- Spiky the Barbed Devil ◀ ▶
- Zz'dtri's Piscodaemon ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Malack: You have always been a fool. Though my time is infinite, I still regret wasting so much of it teaching—
Nale: Quiet! I don't want to hear your stupid hissing voice at the moment of my ultimate—
- Panel 2
- Panel 3
Nale: Is this—what is—?
Nale: What am I looking at?
- Panel 4
Malack: Hrrm. It seems fairly straightforward to me.
Nale: No no no no no no NO!
- Panel 5
Nale: Scan it! SCAN IT!
Malack: True Seeing.
Durkon: Detect Magic.
Zz’dtri: Locate Object.
- Panel 6
- Panel 7
A huge block rests in the center of the room. It reads:
Nale: Damn it! DAMN IT!
Nale: Back outside, everyone! Go, go, GO!!
D&D Context Edit
- True Seeing is a 5th level spell which allows the caster to pierce illusions and see things as they truly are.
- Detect Magic is a cantrip (0th level) which makes the caster able to detect magical auras.
- Locate Object is a 2nd level spell which allows the caster to sense the direction of a well-known or clearly visualized object.
- It is interesting to note that Malack appears to have spent some time teaching Nale in his youth.
- The message on the block in the room is an homage to the Nintendo NES game, Super Mario Brothers. When Mario clears the castle at the end of the first seven worlds, he finds a Toadstool who tells him that the Princess is in another castle.