|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||7 July 2008|
|View the comic|
Celia goes to Greysky City.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Haley Starshine ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf (sickened) ◀ ▶
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Celia ◀ ▶
- Solt's Donkey ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Helay and Celia camp in a grey mountainous locale.
Haley: ...so the Boots of Speed were totally powerful, but they were, like, lime green.
Celia: With your skin tone? Pass!
Haley: Exactly! Ha ha ha!
Celia: Ha ha ha!
- Panel 2
Haley: Hey, you know, why were we arguing so much before this last week?
Celia: Yeah, I mean, I don't know why we kept snipping at each other, we have so—
- Panel 3
Celia: Oh, right. Him.
- Panel 4
Haley: Well, when we get to Cliffport, if he hasn't managed to shake off the flu that he caught, we can get a Remove Disease.
Celia: Although you know, there IS a city right down that cliff...
- Panel 5
Haley: Celia, I've told you a dozen times, we're not going into that place.
Celia: But why not?
Haley: Because it's a bad idea.
Haley: Because it just is, OK?
- Panel 6
Haley: Trust me. In all likelihood, there won't be any clerics there anyway, at least not any interested in helping Roy. Or Belkar, for that matter.
Haley: It's a dangerous place where people get killed for having gold in their pockets. Not everywhere on this plane is Happy Fun Sunshine Land, you know.
- Panel 7
Haley: Now try to get some sleep. I went through a lot of trouble to find a secluded spot where we wouldn't be seen.
Celia: OK. Good night.
- Panel 8
Both Celia and Haley close their eyes.
- Panel 9
Celia opens one eye.
- Panel 10
Celia: Sorry, Haley. He's my boyfriend, not yours. If there's even a chance of finding clerics down there, I need to look for them.
Celia: You'll get over it when he's alive again.
- Panel 11
Celia walks with the cart towards the city. A sign reads, "GREYSKY CITY 1 MILE".
- Panel 12
Belkar: Be very quiet, Mr. Scruffy!
Belkar: If we make any noise, the magical Cart Fairy might not take us on the enchanted trip to Happy Fun Sunshine Land!
D&D Context Edit
- Boots of Speed allow the user to double their speed and number of attacks per round.
- Remove Disease is a 3rd level cleric spell which cures most diseases. However Belkar's Greater Mark of Justice is unlikely to be effected by this spell; the normal 4th level Mark of Justice can only be removed by a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell. The requirements for the Greater Mark are unknown as it is a non-canonical spell, but they should be at least this strong.
- Haley told the same story about the lime green Boots of Speed to Vaarsuvius in #3, but V did not find it as funny as Celia. The boots themselves appear being worn by Haley in a flashback in #608, and are finally dyed to match her desert armor and incorporated into her adventuring kit in #675.
- Celia doesn't know Belkar is in the cart, but since Greysky is only one mile away, moving Roy's body should not trigger the Greater Mark of Justice.