|“Six Degrees of Evil Separation”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||12 December 2005|
|View the comic|
The Linear Guild runs into Julia Greenhilt.
- Panel 1
Nale: You'll love the other new members, one is a—
Julia's Friend (off-panel): HEY GREENHILT, WAIT UP!
- Panel 2
Nale: Greenhilt?? My brother and his stooges are here? We're not ready! We didn't even find an anvil!
- Panel 3
Nale: OK, Sabine, shift to fiend form! Thog, ready your axe! Pompey, cast—
- Panel 4
Julia's Friend: Greenhilt, I said wait up!
Julia: Well hurry it up, I'm late for Necromancy 101.
- Panel 5
Julia: Gods, did you see the outfit Sandra is wearing today?
Julia's Friend: I know! I like, would never be caught dead in a stars-and-planets wizard robe.
Nale: That, um...
Nale: That is not Roy Greenhilt.
- Panel 6
Sabine: Maybe it really IS him, and he's just wearing one of those magic belts that change gender.
Nale: Don't be dense, honey, that would be pointless and self-indulgent.
Sabine: I guess you're right.
Thog: thog liked it.
- Panel 7
Pompey: Wait, so the guys you are out to beat include the brother of Julia Greenhilt, the most popular girl in school? Weird, it's like evil serendipity.
- Panel 8
Nale: Pompey, I think you're on to something. Fate has dropped the winning move right in our laps, my newest lackey.
Nale: Forget the old plan—we're going to set a trap for the Order of the Stick, and we'll use Roy's sister as the perfect bait!
- Panel 9
Thog glares at Nale.
- Panel 10
Nale: Yes, the new plan will STILL involve rocket skates.
D&D Context Edit
- Necromancy is one of the eight (or nine including Universal magic) schools of magic.
- This is the first appearance of Julia Greenhilt, Roy's sister.
- In the sixth panel, the Guild references the recent plot line where Roy donned the Girdle of Feminity/Masculinity from #234 to #249.
- The title of the comic refers to the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory.
- This is also the first appearance of Julia's Blue friend.