|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||6 August 2015|
|View the comic|
"Durkon" eliminates Belkar as a threat.
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Durkon Thundershield (as vampire and as dire wolf) ◀ ▶
- "Durkon" (as dire wolf) ◀ ▶
- Usher with Brown Hair ◀ ▶
- Panel 1, Page 1
Belkar: Where the hell is the gallery? A billion spells cast and they can’t spare one on a “You Are Here” map?
- Panel 2, Page 1
- Panel 3, Page 1
Belkar walks into "Durkon"'s Silence spell.
- Panel 4, Page 1
Belkar reaches behind his back
- Panel 5, Page 1
Belkar is wreathed in yellow flame.
- Panel 6, Page 1
"Durkon", in the form of a dire wolf, attacks Belkar.
- Panel 7, Page 1
Belkar stabs "Durkon" with his daggers as he leaps out of his jaws.
- Panel 8, Page 1
He flees down the hall.
- Panel 9, Page 1
Belkar is overcome by his Protection from Evil effect.
- Panel 10, Page 1
"Durkon" grabs Belkar in his jaws again.
- Panel 11, Page 1
He lifts up Belkar who has lost his daggers.
- Panel 1, Page 2
He hurls Belkar across the room towards a window.
- Panel 2, Page 2
Belkar smashes through the window.
- Panel 3, Page 2
Belkar hits the roof of the cathedral.
- Panel 4, Page 2
He tumbles down the sloped roof.
- Panel 5, Page 2
He attempts to arrest his fall.
- Panel 6, Page 2
Belkar tumbles off the roof and clear of the cathedral.
- Panel 7, Page 2
He falls into a deep chasm.
- Panel 8, Page 2
Back in the cathedral, "Durkon" transforms back to his dwarven body.
- Panel 9, Page 2
"Durkon": Dismiss Silence.
Usher: Sir, are ye alright? I thought I heard someone yell.
"Durkon": Yes, I’m fine, thank you. I just need to find my way to the Great Nave.
- Panel 10, Page 2
Usher: Och, it’s right this way. Tho… I thought Exarch Hammerfall were escortin’ ye?
"Durkon": He was. But then, I wouldn’t need an escort—
- Panel 11, Page 2
"Durkon": —if the trip wasn’t so dangerous.
D&D Context Edit
- Belkar's cloak clasp, when worn, grants him a Protection from Evil abjuration. Since he himself is evil, he gains one negative level while using it, this is represented by the yellow flame.
- Vampires can take an Alternate Form, in this case a dire wolf. Durkon previously took the form of a bat in #932.
- Back in #969, "It's Only His SECOND Favorite Cuisine, Belkar acquired a Protection From Evil cloak clasp to protect him from compulsion magic. The visual effect shows that it is being activated at this time.
- Belkar's death has been expected for some time now, after being predicted by the Oracle twice.. However this is not it.
- In page 2, panel 10, the usher misspells Gontor Hammerfell's name (or this correct spelling. The only other time the name is used in the comics is in #994 when Gontor introduces himself).