|“Rock the Vote”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||17 February 2006|
|View the comic|
It's time for the Verdict.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Haley Starshine ◀ ▶
- Elan ◀ ▶
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Celia ◀ ▶
- Lord Shojo ◀ ▶
- Eugene Greenhilt (as Being of Pure Law and Good) ◀ ▶
- Azurite Priest with Black Hair ◀ ▶
- Azurite Priest with Blue Beard ◀ ▶
- Azurite Priestess ▶
- Azurite Priest with Mustache ▶
- Panel 1
Roy: Great job, Celia. I think you nailed it.
Celia: Thanks. I just hope it's enough.
- Panel 2
Roy: Well if it's not, you should know that I really appreciate all that you've done for us here.
Roy: We wouldn't have had a chance without you.
Celia: Thanks, Roy. That means a lot to me.
- Panel 3
Elan: Wow, they both made such persuasive arguments. It's going to be tough to decide who to vote for.
Roy: Who to... vote... for...?
- Panel 4
Roy: Elan, this is a criminal court, not American Idol! We're the ones on trial here! We don't get to—
- Panel 5
- Panel 6
Roy: You know what? You're absolutely right, it IS going to be tough to decide who to vote for.
Roy: That's why you should think very carefully and then write your vote down on a piece of paper, which you should then give to the white cat.
- Panel 7
Haley glares at Roy.
Elan: Yay! I'm part of the democratic process!
- Panel 8
Roy: Don't give me that look. You're the one who started the whole, "Let's not tell Elan uncomfortable truths," thing. I just can't bear to tell him that he has no power to decide his own fate now.
- Panel 9
Lord Shojo: Ahem. Oh Mighty Being of Pure Law and Good! You have heard the arguments on both sides of the case. Are you prepared to render your verdict?
Elan: Here you go!
Mr. Scruffy: Meow?
- Panel 10
Being of Pure Law and Good: I am.
- Panel 11
Being of Pure Law and Good: On behalf of the Upper Planes and the cosmic forces of Law and Good, I find the Order of the Stick to be—
- Panel 12
Elan: Awww, man! I hate weekend cliffhangers!
Roy: Well, if you hadn't decided to speak in the last panel, we'd have already known by now!
D&D Context Edit
- The Upper Planes are the seven good-aligned Outer Planes.
- Rock the Vote is the name of a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging young people to participate in the political process. It is known for its partnership with MTV.
- This is the first appearance of the Azurite Priestess and the Azurite Priest with Mustache.