|“Pop Goes the Weasel”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||27 January 2005|
|View the comic|
There's a fight with some ogres and what can Roy do? Absolutely nothing!
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Haley Starshine ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Durkon Thundershield ◀ ▶
- Silver ◀ ▶
- Whisper ◀ ▶
- Durkon's Pony ◀ ▶
- Belkar's Riding Dog ◀ ▶
- The Weasel-Eating Ogres ◀ ▶
- "Hors D'Oeuvres", the Bag of Tricks weasel ▶
- Panel 1
The Order does battle with the ogres. Belkar has ridden his daschund straight up the ogre and is now vertical.
- Panel 2
Haley: Hey fearless leader, any chance you might honor us with your presence at the FRONT of the party?
- Panel 3
Roy: I don't have a weapon! I couldn't get one in that crappy little town.
Haley: Great. And because you're a fighter, instead of, oh, say, ANY OTHER CLASS, you're useless without one. Fan-freakin'-tastic.
- Panel 4
Belkar flies through the panel in the background, injured.
Roy: Look, I got a broken hilt and the stupid Bag of Tricks. What do you want from me??
Haley (off-panel): Pick one and quit whining, maybe?
- Panel 5
Roy: Hi ho, Silver!
- Panel 6
Roy charges the ogres.
- Panel 7
Roy tosses an ball of fur out of his Bag of Tricks.
- Panel 8
It turns into a weasel, "pop!"
- Panel 9
The weasel falls into an ogre's open mouth.
- Panel 10
Durkon: Ye have chosen... poorly.
Ogre #1: BELCH!
Ogre #1: Hey, they're serving hors d'oeuvres!
Ogre #2: Swanky!
D&D Context Edit
- The Bag of Tricks produces a random animal when the user reaches into it.
- Roy could also have attempted an Unarmed Strike, use the broken Greenhilt Sword as an improvised weapon, or attempt to Grapple the ogre. Ogres, however are very strong and thus difficult to grapple with.
- Roy's quote, "Hi ho, Silver!" refers to the famous catchphrase of the radio, TV, and film character theLone Ranger.
- Durkon's quote, "Ye have chosen...poorly" refers to grail-choosing scene in the 1989 Stephen Spielberg/George Lucas film, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- This is the first appearance of "Hors D'Oeuvres", the weasel in Roy's Bag of Tricks.