|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||10 August 2015|
|View the comic|
Roy arrives in the Great Nave and learns the subject of the Godsmoot.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Durkon Thundershield (as vampire) ◀ ▶
- High Priests of the Asgardian Pantheon:
- Veldrina ◀ ▶
- Representative of the Southern Pantheon ▶
- Panel 1
Roy: So, we just wait up here until the meeting’s over?
Wrecan: You got it. Look, there’s Veldrina. And there’s your vampire friend.
- Panel 2
Roy: Hmmm. I guess that other dwarf went back to manning the door?
- Panel 3
High Priestess of Odin: Priests, protectors, and honored guests from our sister pantheons.
High Priestess of Odin: Let us come to order and begin the Godsmoot.
- Panel 4
Wrecan: Where did your halfling go? He’s not supposed to wander around without a chaperone.
Roy: I assure you, no one understands that fact more than I do.
- Panel 5
High Priestess of Odin: Today, my friends, we have been asked to convene and attest to the wills of our deities on a crucially important—
High Priestess of Odin: —and time sensitive—
High Priestess of Odin: —matter.
- Panel 6
Roy: With our luck, Belkar got caught snooping and was kicked out by those stone cleric guys.
Roy: I better go look for him.
Wrecan: You can’t! The meeting’s already begun.
- Panel 7
High Priestess of Odin: As a result, we will dispense with ceremony and proceed directly to brief statements by parties on either side of the matter at hand—
High Priestess of Odin: —followed by the vote.
- Panel 8
Roy: You’re the one who said they get mad when you break their rules.
Roy: If he’s wandering around the halls, he’s already putting our chances of getting Durkon raised in danger.
Wrecan: Yeah, but at least he seemed pretty stealthy. I think they’ll notice you clomping around right away.
- Panel 9
High Priestess of Odin: The statement upon which we shall convey our patron’s Yea or Nay is as follows:
High Priestess of Odin: Whether or not, at the conclusion of this binding referendum, the gods of the three pantheons should immediately thereupon—
- Panel 10
Roy: You don’t know Belkar. Trust me, whatever he’s up to will almost certainly make things worse.
Wrecan: I get it; Vel can get the same way, but you can’t—
Roy: I can and will, and there’s nothing anyone can say that will stop from—
- Panel 11
High Priestess of Odin: —destroy the world.
- Panel 12
Roy and Wrecan are shocked.
- The High Priest of Hoder was seen in flashback in Comic #985, "Down the Winding Path".
- It has been stated in Comic #276, "The Crayons of Time: The Order of the Scribble", that the Gods may contain the Snarl by rebuilding the whole world, but only by destroying the current world as part of the process.
- This comic confirms that the Godsmoot is directed towards the Northern Pantheon's clerics, with guests from other Pantheons' clergy. A direct statement is made about "the three pantheons", implying that only the main pantheons have voting rights.
- It is also implied that the Godsmoot is in some sense a reaction to the danger of releasing the Snarl, probably due to events in Comic #945, "Jumbled Up", and the danger of having a sole Gate remaining to contain it.
- As of the time of the publication of this comic, there was forum speculation that Roy may be about to face the consequences of his destruction of Girard's Gate back in Comics #895, "Plain Sight", and #898, "Let's Get Ready to Rumble". Vaarsuvius attempted to warn Roy against doing that in Comic #896, "Two Paths", but was stopped. Rich Burlew hinted since that the Gate's destruction would have unpleasant consequences for Roy at some future point.
- There was also speculation that the Northern Gods may turn out to be one of the predicted Nine sides who are major players in the overall plot.