|“No Real Shocker”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||16 June 2010.|
|View the comic|
Roy attempts to get some information out of Gannji, but instead is introduced to Enor.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Gannji ◀ ▶
- Enor ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Barkeeper ▶
- Brunchroom Warlock ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Monk ▶
- Brunchroom Soulknife ▶
- Panel 1
Enor: ...I'm just saying, fifty thousand seemed like too much to ask.
Gannji: No, it was a reference to—ah, you know what? Never mind.
- Panel 2
Belkar: It's them. The big one has that moisturizer we found with the poster all over him arm.
Roy: You're absolutely sure?
Belkar: Would I lie?
- Panel 3
Belkar: No, I mean, would I lie if I didn't have anything to gain?
Belkar: If I didn't have anything to gain, and no one else had anything to lose, and it wouldn't be really funny?
- Panel 4
Belkar: OK, true, but check out their feet: One dragon and one lizardman, just like the tracks we found.
Roy: They're called "lizardfolk" now.
Belkar: Great. The lizard-feminists must be so proud of you.
- Panel 5
Roy: Let's approach them.
Belkar: Shouldn't we wait for Stubbles Von Smackhammer?
Roy: Assuming you mean Durkon, he's upstairs preparing his spells for the day. These two could finish their meal and leave before he's done.
- Panel 6
Belkar: So what? We can just tail them and find out where they're going.
Roy: Stealth isn't exactly my strength.
Roy: Strength is my strength.
Roy: Now come on.
- Panel 7
Roy: Excuse me. I was wondering if you could help me with the whereabouts of some of my friends.
Gannji: Sorry, pal. I have a personal policy of not sharing information on anyone's current location. Scram.
- Panel 8
Roy: Well, I'm sorry, too, since it's a matter of no small urgency. Maybe I can find a way to convince you—
Gannji: Yeah, you and every other family member or comrade-in-arms. No can do, Sparky.
- Panel 9
Gannji: ...I said, "No can do. SPARKY."
Roy: Yeah, uh, I heard you the first—
Enor: Oh! Right! The codeword!
Roy: Codeword for what?
- Panel 10
Enor hits Roy with his lightning breath.
- Panel 11
Belkar gives his empty glass to the barkeep.
Belkar: Is this freshly squeezed? Because let me tell you, it's just...it's just fantastic.
Belkar: Can I get a refill in a to-go cup? Thanks.
D&D Context Edit
- Lizardfolk the race of anthropomorphic lizards in D&D, were first introduced as "Lizard Men" in the 1975 Greyhawk supplement for the original D&D (0th edition) game. They continued to be called lizard men in the 1977 Monster Manual for AD&D (1st edition) and in the 1989 Monstrous Compendium Volume One for AD&D 2nd Edition. In the 2000 Monster Manual for D&D 3.0 Edition, the race was renamed "lizardfolk", presumably to make the name of the race gender neutral.
- Enor, as a half-dragon of the blue dragon variety, has a lighting breath weapon.
- Gannji asked for 50,000 gp for the bounty on Nale while holding what he claimed to be a "thermal detonator" but was really a can of tomato soup as a reference to Return of the Jedi in #724.
- As Belkar noted in the previous strip, Haley had on the ylang-ylang moisturizer on her that she bought in #711.
- In panel 10, Roy loses Haley’s bow when it is knocked off of his back. Durkon finds it along with Crystal's knife in #732.
- This is the first appearance of the Brunchroom Barkeeper, as well as the two patrons in the table in the back, Brunchroom Monk and Brunchroom Soulknife.