|“Just Like on Three’s Company”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
Order of the Stick comic
|Date published||7 January 2004|
|View the comic|
- The Order of the Stick
- Panel 1
Roy: Well, thankfully that little incident is over.
Belkar: Trust me, it was worse at my height.
Elan (off-panel): Ooh! Your hands are cold!
Durkon (off-panel): Stand still, blast ye!
- Panel 2
Haley: Hey guys. I'm back!
Roy: Perfect timing, Haley.
- Panel 3
Haley: Hey, so did you guys get a good look at Elan's blade?
- Panel 4
Haley: You know, his "weapon of choice."
Roy: Uh, so you saw that, then?
- Panel 5
Haley: "Saw it"? Ha! I was the first to get my hands on it!
- Panel 6
Haley: Vaarsuvius checked it out too, naturally.
Belkar: You know, I always suspected...
- Panel 7
Haley: I mean, sure it's awfully skinny, but he uses it so masterfully...
Belkar: I can't cover my ears fast enough.
- Panel 8
Roy: Whoa, whoa. Haley, to what exactly are you referring?
- Panel 9
Haley: Uh, I'm talking about the rapier I looted for Elan from that room you sent me to scout.
Haley: What did you think I was talking about?
Roy: Whew. Nothing.
Roy: Never mind.
- Panel 10
Haley: Oh, OK.
Haley: Well anyway, V says Elan has been running around naked, so I'm off to see what his 18 Charisma is worth "under the hood".
D&D Context Edit
- The Charisma stat in D&D represents not only a character's force of personality, but their physical attractiveness as well.
- Three's Company was an American sitcom. Most of the humor in the series revolved around double entendres and misunderstandings.
- Haley hasn't appeared since Comic 24, when Elan took off his clothes. On Comic 29 it is explained that she was sent to scout but that was not seen in the narrative.
- Character information: Elan is revealed to have 18 Charisma.
- This is the first comic where a character (Belkar) seems to refer to Vaarsuvius's gender ambiguity. Alternatively, he might be speculating about their sexual orientation rather than their gender, though.