|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||3 August 2017|
|View the comic|
Durkon recalls a party in his honor, so that "Durkon" can find a place to hide out.
- Durkon Thundershield (also as vampire and as spirit) ◀ ▶
- "Durkon" ◀ ▶
- Gontor Hammerfell (as vampire) ◀
- Creed of the Stone Usher with Sandy Hair (as vampire) ◀
- Creed of the Stone Vampire with Long Hair ◀
- Thor (as doll) ◀ ▶
- Sigdi Thundershield ◀ ▶
- Thirden ◀ ▶
- Hoskin ◀ ▶
- Durkon's Aunt ◀ ▶
- Kandro ◀ ▶
- Shirra ◀ ▶
- Logann ◀ ▶
- Durkon's Cousin ◀
- Shirra's Husband ◀
- Durkon's Grandfather ◀
- Durkon's Uncle ◀
- Hoskin's Fiancée ◀
- Shirra's Twins ◀
- Janna ◀
- Three Priests of Thor
- Panel 1
Vampire with Long Hair: Will you chill?
Gontor: I'll chill when you stop questioning our master!
"Durkon": Actually, she has a good point.
"Durkon": We need a space large enough to get all of our work done, but secluded enough that we won't be disturbed while we refresh our spells.
- Panel 2
Cut to Durkon's memory
Durkon: Och, I'm na much for speeches...
Durkon: But I wanted ta thank ye all fer bein' 'ere on me special day.
Durkon: Thar's na way I'da gotten through clerical trainin' without all o' yer help n' support.
- Panel 3
Durkon (off-panel): Uncle Thirden, helpin' me wit me mythology.
- Panel 4
Durkon (off-panel): Uncle Kandro, teachin' me ta wield a hammer n' shield.
- Panel 5
Durkon (off-panel): Aunt Shirra, takin' me ta buy tha hammer n' shield ta practice wit.
- Panel 6
Durkon (off-panel): Uncle Hoskin, keepin' me on tha staight n' narrow
- Panel 7
Durkon (off-panel): Cousin Logann... helpin' me fall off it, once n' a while.
Logann: Everythin' I learned aboot slackin' off, I learned from Squeaky.
- Panel 8
Janna: Hey, don't talk about my master that way!
Various: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Durkon: But most of all, Ma.
- Panel 9
Durkon: Everyin' she's e'er done's been fer me, ta help me be who I am t'day.
Durkon: And I just want 'er ta know I see it. I love ye, Ma.
- Panel 10
Sigdi: Och, enough o' tha mushy stuff! Let's eat!
Unknown #1: Yeah!
Unknown #2: I'm starving
Thirden: Actually, I was hoping to have two servings of the mushy stuff, with butter.
Unknown #3: Ha ha!
- Panel 11
Cut back to present time
"Durkon": There's a banquet hall nearby. Should have plenty of space for our purposes.
"Durkon": Follow me.
Gontor: See? Great leader!
- Panel 12
Cut to inside Durkon's head
"Durkon": That was awfully easy. This isn't some sort of trick, is it? A false memory?
Durkon: Och, if'n I could show ye stuff tha dinnae happen, I'd've told ye Roy's name was, like, Maurice or sumthin' on Day One.
"Durkon": Hmm. True.
- Panel 13
Durkon: Or showed ye Haley refusin' payment while Belkar served soup to orphans. An' Elan did math in tha background!
"Durkon": OK, yes, fine. Point taken.
Durkon: "We need a team name! Let's call ourselves 'Tha Order o' tha Look-Out-Roy-Tha-Vampire's-Na-Really-Durkon!"
- This strip is the latest appearance of several characters:
- Gontor Hammerfell, former Exarch of the Creed of the Stone. He first appeared in #994 and has run in fourteen strips.
- The Creed of the Stone vampires: the Usher with Sandy Hair first appearing in #994, and the Vampire with Long Hair, first appearing in #1017.
- Durkon's cousin, and Shirra's husband, who first appeared in #962.
- Durkon's Grandfather, Durkon's Uncle, Hoskin's Fiancée, and Shirra's Twins, first appearing in #1086.
- Janna, Thirden's apprentice, from the previous strip.
External Links Edit