|“Half Probably Are”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||4 April 2017|
|View the comic|
Elan swings to the rescue to heal Roy just before the giantess can get to him.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀
- Elan ◀
- The Clan of Frost Giants
- Panel 1
- Panel 2
Cut to Elan in the rigging
Elan: Don't worry Roy! I'll save you!
He cuts a rope with his sabre, "SNAP!"
- Panel 3
Elan swing on the rope, "SWOOOSH!"
- Panel 4
He swings right by the charging giantess
- Panel 5
Elan: Cure Critical Wounds!
Elan, hanging from the rope by his feet, touches Roy's hand, "hi-three!"
- Panel 6
Roy leaps to his feet and strikes the giantess with his bare fist, "POW!"
- Panel 7
Roy: Thanks. Good thing you knew which rope was safe to cut.
Elan: Huh. I just assumed they were only there for heroic swinging.
D&D Context Edit
- Cure Critical Wounds is a 4th level spell which heals 4d8 + 1 point per level. Since Durkon left the party, Elan, a bard, is the only one who can cast healing spells.
- An Unarmed Strike as Roy does in the penultimate panel, deals 1d3 damage, plus Roy's not inconsiderable strength bonus of +7 damage from his 24 strength due to his belt of giant strength.
- The title comments on Elan's final line. The Mechane is owned by Julio Scoundrél, who taught Elan the Dashing Swordsman class. Like Elan, he has a flair for the dramatic, and might actually have rigged ropes on the ship specifically for making dashing entrances.
- The sound effect when Elan touches Roy's hand is "hi-three!", because of course the characters depicted in Order of the Stick only have three fingers on their hands.
- This is the latest appearance of the frost giant warriors who first appeared in #1059.