|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||29 January 2007|
|View the comic|
Miko is punished by the Twelve Gods.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Hinjo ◀ ▶
- Miko Miyazaki ◀ ▶
- Lord Shojo ◀ ▶
- The Pantheon of Twelve Earthly Branches
- Panel 1
The air above Azure City rumbles, "rumble, rumble, rumble"
- Panel 2
The 12 gods appear.
- Panel 3
A lightning-like white energy strikes down from the clouds on the Azure City castle, "ooooooooooooooo!"
- Panel 4
The white energy hits Miko directly, pulling her up off her feet. Hinjo, Roy and Belkar shield themselves from the blast.
- Panel 5
A blue energy begins to leave her body.
- Panel 6
The blue energy, engulfed in the white energy, separates from Miko entirely. Miko is released and falls to the ground, "thunk!, her cloak and boots changed from blue to beige."
- Panel 7
Shojo speaks, smiling, blood dripping from his mouth.
Shojo: It appears...
Shojo: ...not everyone... agrees with your...
- Panel 8
Miko looks at her hands while Hinjo rushes forward.
D&D Context Edit
- Paladins who break their Code of Conduct, are stripped of their paladin abilities, as happens here to Miko.
- This is the only strip in which the entire Southern Pantheon appears:
- This is the only appearance of four of the Twelve Gods: Ox, Rabbit, Rat, and Snake.
- This is the first appearance of two of the Twelve Gods: Goat and Horse.
- This is the final appearance thus far of three of the Twelve Gods: Dragon, Pig, and Dog.
- It is interesting to note that had Miko had her way in #285 (which shares the same title as the strip preceding this), she would perhaps have become a fallen paladin earlier and Shojo's death just prior to Xykon's invasion would have been avoided.
- This is the final appearance of Lord Shojo in life, though he has several other appearances in flashbacks, fever dreams, illusory floating heads, ect.