A Small Village
|Chronological and political information|
|“||—then Teri, you double back and refill the peanut bowls on all the tables where the number of guests is a prime number. Any questions?||”|
|— Elan's mother (Comic 725|
According to Tarquin, she insisted that they would separate. Tarquin (at least according to him) went to the court for visitation rights but she fought him with all legal measures. Eventually a compromise was reached to share the twins; she kept Elan and Tarquin kept Nale. She attempted to fulfill the absence of his father by wearing a fake mustache at father-son picnics.
Elan's mother seems to be needlessly complicated. She is seen planning out a table-serving plan, as quoted above. The same comic strongly implies that this is where Nale got his penchant for the needlessly complicated, as Elan pointed out in response to Nale's fighter/rogue/sorcerer multiclass with specialization in enchantment spells.
When the Order was trapped in Girard Draketooth's phantasm dream, Elan dreamed of his mother remarrying Tarquin. In the ceremony Malack referred to her as "Elan's Mother", suggesting that as far as the Order is concerned that is actually her name.
- Elan's mother is the character with the longest gap between two appearances in the comics, at 675 strips. She first appeared in #50, but did not make her next appearance until #725.
- She apparently owns around a dozen pictures of Julio Scoundrél in her bed drawer that she thinks Elan doesn't know about.
- ↑ Comic #725, "The Significantly-More-Secret Origin of Tarquin and Nale"
- ↑ Comic #50, "The Semi-Secret Origin of Elan & Nale"
- ↑ Comic #888, "Dream Wedding"
- ↑ Comic 389, "As Good an Explanation as is Forthcoming"
|50, 725, 888, 889|