|“Don't Question the Color of the Bag”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||11 April 2005|
|View the comic|
Meanwhile, Roy is cutting through a swath of bandits and facing the bandit king.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Bandit Clan of Wooden Forest
- A Bag of Tricks Rhinoceros
- Panel 1
A bandit fires two arrows at Roy, both of which miss.
Funny Hat Bandit: Rapid Shot!
Roy hits another bandit with his club, "WONK!"
- Panel 2
Roy takes out the bandit archer.
Roy: Hey there, nice feat! That allowed you to be utterly ineffective twice in the same round! Congrats all around!
Roy: And seriously, what's with the hat, man? Geez.
- Panel 3
Roy: Hey, the rest of the archers are backing away. I must have really scared them.
Bandit King (off-panel): Or they just know how much I hate it when they shoot into melee.
- Panel 4
Bandit King: Ready for a rematch?
Roy: Let's see what you've got, Grandpa.
- Panel 5
The Bandit King blocks Roy's attack with his swords, "clang! clang!"
- Panel 6
Roy hits the Bandit King with his club, "THUNK!"
- Panel 7
The Bandit King disarms Roy.
- Panel 8
Roy: You're in pretty good shape for a geezer. But I've got one more trick up my sleeve!
Roy: Er, bag.
- Panel 9
Roy throws an animal out of his Bag of Tricks. It bounces off the Bandit King's sword and back at him.
- Panel 10
The animals pops into full size, "pop!" A big shadow appears over Roy's head.
- Panel 11
Roy is crushed under a rhinoceros.
D&D Context Edit
- A Bag of Tricks can produce only certain animals, according to its color. It appeared that Roy had the gray version, which produced small rodents, however it produced a rhinoceros. The title of the comic urges the readers to ignore this fact.
- Rapid Shot is a feat that allows a character to shoot an extra arrow, but all arrows have less chance to hit that turn.
- This is the final appearance of Funny Hat Bandit. He first appeared in #152.
- This is the final appearance of Bandit with Black Skin. He first appeared in #158.
- This is the final appearance of Blond Bandit Guy. He first appeared in #165.