|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||25 June 2010|
|View the comic|
The brunchroom descends into an all-out brawl.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Belkar Bitterleaf ◀ ▶
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Gannji ◀ ▶
- Enor ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Barkeeper ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Warlock ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Monk ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Soulknife ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Lizardfolk Soldier ◀ ▶
- Brunchroom Human Soldier ◀
- Panel 1
Warlock: You almost made me choke!
Roy: OK, no, let's not do anything rash. Or clichéd.
Gannji (whispering): Come on, out the back door!
- Panel 2
Warlock: Now, learn why warlocks are an eldritch part of this Complete Breakfast!
Roy ducks, Gannji is hit by a purple beam
- Panel 3
Enor: Hey! That's my best friend you're—
Roy: Not so—
- Panel 4
Roy swings Enor by his tail and smashes a table with him, "KRAKKK!", wasting drinks of two patrons.
Roy: How do you like me NOW, "Sparky"?
- Panel 5
Lizardfolk Soldier: HEY!
Human Soldier: I just had this armor dry cleaned!
- Panel 6
The two soldiers walk toward Roy, angrily.
Roy: Well, I guess one of us was bound to make this spiral out of control. It might as well be me this time.
- Panel 7
Belkar: Oh, I'd love to get involved, but you have to be careful when you're an ass-kicker of our caliber.
Mr. Scruffy: Meow? Meow?
Belkar: A small scuffle like this, we'd probably stop it in its tracks by just trouncing everyone involved. And then we wouldn't get to watch it.
- Panel 8
Belkar sips his drink while Mr. Scruffy walks on the bar.
- Panel 9
Mr. Scruffy overturns a bowl of maggots, "thunk."
- Panel 10
The maggots land on one of the customers.
Monk: I heard a lizardfolk order a bowl of maggots—but why would he fling them at you???
- Panel 11
The soulknife produces two red glowing swords of mental energy.
Monk: You can ask him after we kick his scaly green behind.
- Panel 12
Belkar enjoys looking at an eight person fight and jumps up.
Belkar: Much better.
D&D Context Edit
- The patrons of the B&B include two non-core classes:
- The patron at the bar announces that he is a Warlock. Warlocks are a non-core class, and so are not in the SRD. They were introduced as a class in D&D 3.5 edition in the 2004 supplement, Complete Arcane. Warlocks do not cast spells like wizards and sorcerers, but rather have spell-like abilities which they can use at will. The purple ray that the warlock shoots in this strip is the most important of these, the "edritch blast".
- The female character with the pair of glowing red blades appears to be a Soulknife. The Soulknife class is a psionic class, that is, its powers are based in mental energy, rather than arcane or divine magic. Psionics are an optional rule in D&D games. She has two mind blades, which means she is using the Shape Mind Blade class feature, making her at least 5th level.
- This is the final appearance of the Brunchroom Human Soldier. He first appeared in #728.