Atomic Elementals are a type of elemental that exists in Order of the Stick, which follow the rules of modern chemical elements, rather than the Classical elements of earth, air, fire, and water, as is standard in D&D. There are presumably 118 types of atomic elemental, one for each chemical element. Each elemental bears its periodic table entry on its chest.
So far all of the summoned atomic elementals have been summoned by Redcloak, but the type is not limited, to him; they have been shown roaming the elemental planes.
The Silicon Elemental is notable for not appearing in the elemental form of its constituent element, as do all the others. Silicon is a metaloid, but the Silicon Elemental was apparently made of silica (sand), or silicon dioxide.
Six atomic elementals made appearances in the main comic:
- Titanium Elemental - appearing in #422-424
- Chlorine Elemental - appearing in #457-458
- Osmium Elemental - appearing in #825-827
- Silicon Elemental - appearing in #901, 902, 904, 905, and 909
- Gold Elemental - appearing in #1028
- Magnesium Elemental - appearing in #1028
There is an additional unidentified atomic elemental in #1028.
Two atomic elementals made appearances in bonus material:
- Hydrogen Elemental - two appearing in Don't Split the Party, page R9-B.
- Oxygen Elemental - appearing in the same comic with the Hydrogen, as the birth of a water elemental.