|“A Piece of His Mind”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||29 November 2005|
|View the comic|
Roy gives Miko a piece of his mind, and the Order gets put into chains and shackles.
- The Order of the Stick
- Miko Miyazaki ◀ ▶
- Windstriker ◀ ▶
- Durkon's Pony ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Miko: What—What did you say to me?
Roy: Oh, you rolled high enough on your Listen check to have heard me the first time, Miko.
Belkar: Do you think I have time to get popcorn??
- Panel 2
Roy: I can't believe I was ever attracted to you. Thank the gods for Elan and his stupid belt, or I'd still be thinking with my Trouser Titan.
Haley: Oze ktpp ja asf—
Roy: Not the point!
- Panel 3
Roy: You're not Good, at least not any definition of Good that I would want to follow.
Roy: You follow the letter of the alignment description while ignoring its intent. Sure, you fight Evil, but when was the last time you showed a "concern for the dignity of sentient beings"?
- Panel 4
Roy: You're just a mean socially inept bully who hides behind a badge and her holier-than-thou morality as excuses to treat other people like crap.
Haley: Afw xzpd dtod dsf kyjfd!
- Panel 5
Miko: You have no right to speak to me this way! I am a samurai!
Roy: I have every right! I'm not part of your little feudal deal there, I'm a free man.
- Panel 6
Roy: We're free to choose our own alignment, and we don't have to answer to you just because you'll lose class features if we don't.
Roy: What kind of stupid class relies on other peoples' behavior to keep its powers, anyway??
- Panel 7
Roy: I gave you every chance to do this peacefully. I even defended you to my friends here, for which you gave me nothing but grief.
Roy: I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say, "We're done." We're done following you to your mystery master.
Durkon: But Thor's will...
- Panel 8
Roy: So that's it, Miko Miyazaki. End of the line. If you want to bring us before your liege, you're going to have to drag us there in chains.
Elan: You tell her, Roy!
Belkar: I'd like to see her try!
- Panel 9
Miko is dragging the Order behind her in chains, with the exception of Durkon, who remains unbound, mounted on his pony.
Roy: Stupid railroad plot.
- Listen Skill Checks are made to determine when a character can hear (usually distant) things.
- Roy's rant begins by attacking the way that some players are known to play Good characters in addition to being a tell-off to Miko.
- The Paladin loses its god-given abilities if they allow enough Evil in their presence to exist.
- "Railroading" is a role-playing term, which refers to occasions where the DM forces the group to take a certain path in their adventure. The term comes from the idea that there is only one track the PCs can take when they are being railroaded.
- The translation of Haley's lines is:
- Panel 2: You call it the—
- Panel 4: Ten gold says she cries!
- Panel 8: Yeah!
- Rich describes the fight that occurred between the eighth and ninth panels here. Note the sundered bowstring in the final panel.
- In the second panel, Roy makes the same response to Haley about calling his genitals his "Trouser Titan" as he did to Elan in #234, despite the fact that he currently does not understand Haley's speech.