|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||27 October 2003|
|View the comic|
- Panel 1
Durkon: Elan's in a bad way... and I'm out a CSW's now.
Roy: Do what you can, Durkon.
- Panel 2
Durkon and Elan are sitting, surrounded with candles.
Durkon: Mighty Thor, yer humble servant asks ye for aid in me hour a' need.
- Panel 3
Voice: Hello! And welcome to ThorPrayer®.
- Panel 4
Voice: To continue in Common, chant "one" now! Ech tod kodo kra'th, sh?? "deth" frek.
Durkon: Umm... "One!"
- Panel 5
Voice: If you know the name of the miracle you would like to request, chant "one" now.
- Panel 6
Voice: Please intone the first three letters of the name of the miracle now.
Durkon: Well, I want ta heal ye, so... H-E-A!
- Panel 7
Voice: You have selected, "Heathen Smiting". If this is correct, chant "one". If not, chant "two".
- Panel 8
Voice: You have selected, "Heat Blisters of Eternal Pain". If this is correct, chant "one". If not, chant "two".
Durkon: Two! TWO!
- Panel 9
Voice: You have selected, "Tumor". To choose the type of tumor with which to smite Thor's enemies, chant "three" now.
Durkon: No! CRAP!
- Panel 10
Voice: You have selected, "Colon Tumor".
Elan: Umm... Could I maybe just get a potion?
D&D Context Edit
- "Common" is a name for the language spoken by most inhabitants of D&D worlds. The other language is perhaps Dwarvish.
- In D&D divine spellcasters like clerics, druids, and rangers pray to their gods to prepare their spells before they can cast them.
- At 10th level, Clerics can pray to their god for Divine Intervention. If the deity intervenes, the cleric may receive whatever assistance was asked for, for example a healing spell effect. This is what Durkon is doing when he calls ThorPrayer.
- CSW means Cure Serious Wounds
- The answering machine is referred to in #40, The Gods Must be Busy.
- This is also the first time Thor is mentioned.