|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||29 November 2009|
|View the comic|
The party searches the desert for the gate.
- The Order of the Stick
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Blackwing ◀ ▶
- Bag of Tricks Rat ◀
- Bag of Tricks Dog ◀
- Panel 1
Roy uses sextant.
Durkon uses Arcane Sight.
Vaarsuvius uses Arcane Sight.
Blackwing uses Arcane Sight.
- Panel 2
Vaarsuvius and Blackwing flying in a moonlit night using Arcane Sight.
- Panel 3
Haley digs in the ground.
Elan frames a picture with his hands.
- Panel 4
Durkon performs a divination.
Roy uses sextant.
- Panel 5
Mr Scruffy is chased by Scorpion.
- Panel 6
Belkar cooks scorpion.
- Panel 7
Roy uses bag of tricks.
- Panel 8
Haley uses a metal detector.
- Panel 9
Elan fights cactus.
- Panel 10
Haley and Elan sleep together. Haley holds cactus flower, Elan bristles with catucs spines.
- Panel 11
Elan (singing): ♪We're searchin', yeah, searchin' lows and highs!♪
Elan (singing): ♪Lookin' for our future beneath orange skies!♪
Roy: Will you knock it off with that damn lute?!? I'm trying to do calculations in my head!!
Elan: Hey, you told me to use my sense of dramatic. If there's one thing I know, it's that you can't have a good montage without an 80's-style power ballad in the background
Haley: Maybe we should take 20?
Belkar: And risk twenty more pages like this? No thanks.
D&D Context Edit
- Taking 20] takes twenty times as long as making a single check would take, but allows a skill check to be made as if a 20 (the best possible outcome) had been rolled on the check.
- Durkon and Vaarsuvius appear to still be using their True Seeing spells from the previous strip, or else using Arcane Sight as V indicates in the next strip.
- Elan is using his Inspire Competence bard class feature by singing the song.
- This is the final appearance of the Bag of Tricks Rat. It first appeared when Roy received the bag in #130, Itempalooza.
- This is the final appearance of the Bag of Tricks Dog. Its only other appearance is at the tea party with Elan in #232, Because They Got Lonely in the Bag.