|“All Available Resources”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||28 November 2009|
|View the comic|
The party arrives at the coordinates given by Hinjo for Girard's Gate.
- The Order of the Stick
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Blackwing ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Belkar: I'm back. My ass feels like I went to an efreet proctologist.
Durkon: Are you sure ye got it all out o' yer system?
Belkar: It didn't follow me back here, did it?
Roy: OK, gang, while Belkar was catching up, I took another reading, and I have good new and I have bad news. The good news is, we're here.
Roy: The bad news is—
- Panel 2
Roy: -we're here.
The party looks out on a big empty desert.
- Panel 3
Roy: This is not completely unexpected, so the plan here is to split up and search the area. Right now, we've got about one square mile to search.
Roy: I'm going to walk around it and keep taking readings, try to narrow the search area down a little.
- Panel 4
Durkon: An I'll cover tha area in a grid pattern 'til I find it.
Vaarsuvius: We shall do likewise from the skies.
Vaarsuvius: Do not start that again.
- Panel 5
Vaarsuvius and Durkon: True seeing!
Elan: Ooooo, synchronized spellcasting! Like in the olympics!
- Panel 6
Haley: Search checks.
Roy: Belkar, stick with Haley. Help her search, but also keep your nose in the air. Maybe you can smell something that will give it away.
- Panel 7
Elan: And I'll sit quietly and try not to get in anyone else's way.
Roy: What? Don't be ridiculous.
- Panel 8
Roy: I want you to survey the area and tell me where would be the most dramatically appropriate area for the dungeon to be located.
Roy: You know, based on the aesthetics of the scenery, that sort of thing.
- Panel 9
Elan: Oh! Oh! I can do that! I can do that! I'll make you proud of me, Roy!
- Panel 10
Haley: That was really nice of you.
Roy: Yeah, well, we can use all the help we can get.
- Panel 11
Haley: So...do you really think that will work?
Roy: Hell, no.
Roy: I just figured there's like an 80% chance that if he walks around enough, he'll trip over the entrance or something.
Off panel thunk!
Elan (off-panel): Oww!
Elan (off-panel): Hey, I found a treasure chest.
D&D Context Edit
- Efreeti in D&D are powerful creatures from the Elemental Plane of Fire. They draw their inspiration from Efreeti in Arabic folklore.
- True Seeing is a 5th level spell for clerics but a 6th level spell for wizards. It allows the caster to see things as they truly are, piercing illusions, invisibility, shapechanging, etc.
- Note that Blackwing also appears to recieve the benefits of V's True Seeing.
- In panel four Belkar continues the now-inverted running gag of where once Varsuvius, now the rest of the party, fails to acknowledge Blackwing's exsitence.
- Synchronised swimming is an Olympic sport.