|“In the Flesh”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||25 June 2009|
|View the comic|
Roy is restored to life.
- The Order of the Stick
- Celia ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Durkon completes the Resurrection spell. The diamond is consumed, "poof!'
- Panel 2
Durkon: Thar ye go...
Durkon: C'mon back to us, lad...
Roy's skeleton begins to regenerate.
- Panel 3
Roy's skeleton finishes forming, and his nerves and internal organs begin to form.
- Panel 4
Roy's muscles being to form.
- Panel 5
Roy's skin begins to form.
- Panel 6
Roy's body is now fully restored.
Roy: Beating heart...breathing lungs...postive hit point total...
Roy: I'M BACK IN THE GAME!
- Panel 7
The rest of the Order notice that Roy is naked, with Belkar looking away in disgust.
Roy: Oh, please. I've been wrenched back to this mortal coil after being worm food for months. You can all suffer through a little full frontal.
Elan: You're invisible!
- Panel 8
Celia leaps onto Roy and kisses him.
Haley: Well, at least she's blocking our view...
Belkar: Speak for yourself, her wings are way too diaphanous for my tastes right moment.
- Panel 9
Roy now has Vaarsuvius's cloak wrapped around his waist.
Celia: I missed you so much.
Durkon: Welcome home, lad.
Haley: Yeah, good to have you back.
Roy: Thanks, it's good to be back.
Roy: OK, gang, we're back together at long last. Tonight, we rest, but tomorrow morning, we—
- Panel 10
Roy falls over and hits his head on the ground, "WHUMPH!"
- Panel 11
Roy: Oh, right. I have to actually move my legs when I'm on this plane.
Celia: Don't worry, honey. I make that mistake ALL the time.
D&D Context Edit
- Resurrection is a 7th level spell, more powerful than Raise Dead, as the dead can be in any condition and are raised to full health.
- The last time all six members of the Order of the Stick were alive and in the same location was in #424.
- The title is also the title of two songs from Pink Floyd's 1979 album, The Wall.
- The resurrection sequence is reminiscent of the reconstruction of Leeloo in the 1997 Luc Besson film, The Fifth Element.
- Elan thought he could become invisible by taking off all his armor and clothes in #25, #25, and #27.
- Diaphanous means light, delicate, and translucent, like an insect's wing.