|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||14 Oct 2007|
|View the comic|
Roy is reunited with his mother in the afterlife.
- Panel 1
Roy approaches a house on Mt. Celestia.
Roy's Archon: That's the house, right there.
- Panel 2
Roy knocks on the door, "knock! knock! knock!"
Roy: I'll tell you, I am pretty excited to see Mom again. I know it's only been 3 years since she—
- Panel 3
Roy: Oh! Uh, hello, miss. I was looking for Sara Greenhilt?
Sara Greenhilt: ROY!!!
- Panel 4
Roy: Have we met before?
Sara: Roy, honey, it's me. Your mother.
Roy: Um, no. My mother has a grey bun hairdo and osteoporosis, not pigtails and a rack.
- Panel 5
Sara: Roy, it's me. Honest.
Roy: Prove it.
Sara: When you were 4, you wouldn't ever go to bed until I had read you "The Little Psion That Could."
- Panel 6
A psionic levitates a train car with his mind.
Psionic (thinking): I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
- Panel 7
Roy: I don't know, you could have been scrying on us...
Roy's Archon: No, Roy, that IS your mother.
Sara: See? Even Roy's Archon agrees.
Roy's Archon: How did you know my name?
- Panel 8
Sara: This is the afterlife, Roy, honey.
Sara: We all appear as our ideal version of ourselves, and I guess I never stopped thinking of myself as the 19-year-old looker who had never even heard the name, "Eugene Greenhilt".
- Panel 9
Roy: Then why did Dad still look like a wrinkled old man?
Sara: Because your father has ALWAYS been a wrinkled old man in his heart, he was just hiding in a younger man's body most of his life.
- Panel 10
Roy's Archon: And your appearance matches your moment of death, since your mind is still thinking about recent events in the realm of mortals.
Roy: I guess that makes a certain degree of sense.
- Panel 11
Roy: It's just a little... weird... to see you looking like that.
Sara: Don't be silly. This is the real me.
Sara: Now come and give your mommy a great big hug.
- Panel 12
Sara: If you want, I can read you that book again.
Sara: You can put your head on my lap, like when you were young.
Roy: No, that's... no thanks, Mom.
D&D Contet Edit
- A psion or psionic is a character class which has mental powers such as telekinesis or telepathy.
- The psion appears to be from the Dark Sun campaign setting, where all characters have at least some psionic talent.
- Scrying is the ability to see people or places remotely, such as through a crystal ball.
- The title refers to Roy's mother's attractiveness in the afterlife. It stands for Dead Mother I'd Like to F***, where the final word is an expletive.
- The psion's thoughts refer to the 1930 illustrated children's book by Platt & Munk, The Little Engine That Could.
- This is the only appearance of the Little Psion That Could.
- Roy's Archon's name really is "Roy's Archon".