|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||16 November 2006|
|View the comic|
The infiltrated Order returns to Azure City, as does Sabine.
- The Order of the Stick
- Nale ◀ ▶ (as Elan ◀ ▶)
- Sabine (also as a geisha) ◀ ▶
- Wizard Guy ◀ ▶
- A Roc
- Two Azure City Guards
- Panel 1
Sabine flies high above Azure City, below the castle, the city, and the harbor are visible.
- Panel 2
Sabine lands outside the city and shapechanges into a geisha girl.
- Panel 3
She walks through one of the city gates.
Guard: Welcome back, miss.
Sabine: Tee hee.
- Panel 4
Sabine: I wish Nale had given me a way to find him...He's been here for a while...
Sabine: He could be anywhere in this whole city!
- Panel 5
Roy and Nale walk up behind her.
Sabine: Including entering the city right behind me, apparently.
- Panel 6
Roy: OK, we're running really late now. Split up, buy supplies or whatever.
Roy: Remember, we're meeting with Shojo in the morning, and then we're off to the Western Continent.
- Panel 7
Nale: OK, Roy! G'night! Don't let the bedbugs bite!
Sabine (whispering): Psssssst! "Beware the green monkey."
Nale (whispering): "He barks at midnight."
- Panel 8
Nale: Oh, Sabine, is it nice to see a familiar face.
Nale: Umm, well, you know what I mean.
Sabine: Are you just getting here now? I thought you teleported three days ago.
Nale: We did. Sort of.
- Panel 9
Flashback to the party teleporting into a Roc's nest full of eggs, with a "POP!"
Wizard Guy: Welcome to Azure City! *hic!*
- Panel 10
Nale: On the plus side, after eating the Wizard, the bird had so much booze in it system that it just told us that it loved us and then fell asleep.
Belkar enters wearing a fedora with a leopard print band with an enormous roc feather.
Belkar: 'Sup, ho.
D&D Context Edit
- Shapechange is a natural ability of succubi like Sabine.
- Rocs are a type of giant bird of prey with an 80 foot wingspan.
- Rocs derive from Persian and Arabian folktales and mythology, for example appearing in the tale of Sinbad the Sailor from One Thousand and One Nights. Rocs are often depicted as being large enough to pick up an elephant in its talons.
- This is the only appearance of the Roc. It also appears in the bonus material.
- This is the final appearance of Wizard Guy in life.