|“The Prosecution's Case”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||25 January 2006|
|View the comic|
The lawyers lay out the evidence against the Order.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Elan ◀ ▶
- Vaarsuvius ◀ ▶
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Blackwing ◀ ▶
- Banjo the Clown ◀ ▶
- Celia ◀ ▶
- Lord Shojo ◀ ▶
- A Demon-Roach ◀ ▶
- Mr. Jones ◀ ▶
- Sangwaan ▶
- A Flumph ◀ ▶
- Old Man with Cryptic Musings ◀
- A Psychiatrist
- A Goblin Ghost
- Panel 1
Lord Shojo: The Chair of Truth has been prepared.
Lord Shojo: Mr. Jones, you may call your first witness.
Mr. Jones: Thank you, Lord Shojo. The prosecution calls—
- Panel 2
Sangwaan: Our divination spells clearly revealed that it was the Order of the Stick that had...
- Panel 3
Goblin Ghost: ...saw the whole thing. Well, up to the part where I was killed along with the others.
- Panel 4
Demon Roach: So then the blond guy touches the big glowing...
- Panel 5
Blackwing: Caw caw caw CAW caw caw caw!
Vaarsuvius (off-panel): Curse you, treacherous avian!!
- Panel 6
Villager: ...could see the explosion all the way from...
- Panel 7
Psychologist: In my medical opinion, the Order of the Stick suffers from an acute case of...
- Panel 8
Flumph: And then... *sob*... I'm sorry, I can't go on.
Mr. Jones: It's OK, sir, take your time.
Flumph: And then... he stepped on my tentacle!
- Panel 9
Celia: Geez, we're getting clobbered out there. Where did he find these witnesses???
Elan: I'm sorry, Celia, I thought I had the perfect surprise witness for the defense all lined up...
- Panel 10
Elan lifts up Banjo.
Elan: But Banjo is unwilling to compromise his integrity to help us out. He saw what he saw.
Roy: Have you considered treating him as a hostile witness? Like, say, by whacking him repeatedly with a blunt object?
D&D Context Edit
- The Chair of Truth likely has a Zone of Truth spell cast on it.
- The Divination school of magic focuses on spells that reveal knowledge.
- This is the first appearance of Sangwaan, who is yet to be named. Miko made an earlier reference to her in #203, though also not by name.
- This is the first appearance of the Psychiatrist.
- This is the final appearance of Old Man with Cryptic Musings from the town near the Redmountain Hills. His only other appearance is in #122.