|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||c. September 2005|
|View the comic|
Roy gets the royal treatment, but Miko would not be impressed.
- Roy Greenhilt ◀ ▶
- Haley Starshine ◀ ▶
- Elan ◀ ▶
- Durkon Thundershield ◀ ▶
- Miko Miyazaki ◀ ▶
- Shadowdancer ◀ ▶
- Pepe ◀ ▶
- Two Serving Girls
- A Bellhop
- Panel 1
In the Royal Suite, Roy is being fed grapes and fruit by scantily clad serving girls while Pepe fans him with a palm frond.
Durkon: Whuh? We take a nap fer a few hours an this...?
Haley: Hey! They specifically told me I couldn't get the fans-and-grapes thing!
- Panel 2
Leon: I'm sorry, but the king is very busy now and cannot be disturbed.
Roy: No, no, Leon, they're with me.
Leon: As you wish, your Majesty.
- Panel 3
Elan: Roy, I never knew you were a king!
Roy: I wasn't until a few hours ago.
- Panel 4
Elan: Wow! You were kinged! Does that mean you made it to the other side of the checkers board?
Roy: No, Elan. It means they've confused me with someone else.
- Panel 5
Elan: Ohhh... so someone ELSE made it across the checkers board.
Durkon: Roy, dontcha think it be a wee bit wrong ta take all this from these folks?
Roy: No, and I'll tell you why.
- Panel 6
An assassin spies on Roy through the window.
Roy: We just did a very good deed for very poor dirt farmers, and none of us—not even Haley—asked for any reward.
Roy: Since this just dropped in my lap, I figure it must be the Universe rewarding us for our selfless deed. Besides, worst comes to worst, I'll just pay for it out of my share of the treasure.
- Panel 7
Roy: So sit down! Take a load off! We deserve some R&R!
Haley: I sure could use a pedicure.
Durkon: Aye, me toenails be in sorry shape.
- Panel 8
Roy: Now if only I could get Miko into one of these outfits, this would be perfect.
Durkon: Um, yeah, lad, me thinks it best if'n Miko ne're know aboot none o' this ere.
Roy: Aw, c'mon, you don't think all of this would impress her? Not even a little?
- Panel 9
Miko is menacing a hotel employee.
Miko: By the Twelve Gods and in the name of Lord Shojo, I demand to know:
Miko: Who removed the tag from this mattress?!?
- Panel 10
Durkon: No, lad. Na even a little.
- The comic's title is a play on the initialisms AD&D (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons) and R&R (Rest and Recreation).
- This is the only appearance of Leon.
- In the USA, mattresses have a tag which states that the tag must not be removed from that mattress. This is a source for many jokes, as the joke in the penultimate panel of this comic. More about this common gag can be found here.
- Haley's line in the first panel is a callback to #225.
- The bi-weekly discussion page for strips #222-#227 was lost in a purge of the forum at giantitp.com. Exact publishing dates for these strips are not publicly known at this time, though presumably the Giant knows.