|“A Man, A Dwarf, and a Kitty”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||1 April 2005|
|View the comic|
Roy and Durkon successfully breach the bandit camp, but are they too late to save the rest of the Order?
- The Order of the Stick
- Bandit Clan of Wooden Forest
- Bag of Tricks Cat ▶
- Panel 1
A guard is just standing there
- Panel 2
A cat walks up from stage right.
- Panel 3
Light Guard Bandit: Awwww! Aren't you a cute little kitty?
- Panel 4
Light Guard Bandit: I wonder what you're doing in the woods all by yourself?
- Panel 5
Roy emerges from a bush and knocks the guard out with his club, making a "WONK!" noise
- Panel 6
Roy: Good job, kitty. That's the last guard on this side of the camp, we should be clear to move in.
Roy: In you go.
The cat walks back into the Bag of Tricks.
Roy: Y'know this Bag of Tricks isn't so bad once you get the hang of it.
- Panel 7
Durkon (gagged): Mmmmrph!
Roy: I'm sorry, Durkon, but the gag stays on until you calm down. If you keep ranting on about trees, you're going to give away our position.
- Panel 8
Durkon: Mmph mrph mmmph mmf mrf mrrrph mrph!
Roy: I'm going to choose to attribute that comment to stress and not hold it against you in the future.
- Panel 9
The sun rises on the bandit camp.
Roy (off-panel): Dawn's here.
Roy (off-panel): Now let's see what kind of trouble Elan and the others have gotten themselves into...
- Panel 10
Roy and Durkon look out from behind a tent in the camp.
Roy: My gods!
- Panel 11
The Order of the Stick stand ready to be hanged on a gallows.
Vaarsuvius: I would just like to point out that my ghost shall be both angry and vengeful, and will retain all my spellcasting powers.
Samantha: Duly noted.
Samantha: Pull the switch.
D&D Context Edit
- The ghost template does not take away spellcasting powers. This comment also puts a lower bound on V's charisma stat, since a character must have a charisma of 6 to become a ghost.
- Dispite Roy's reluctance to take the Bag of Tricks in #130, Itempalooza, he makes good use of it here.
- This is the first appearance of the Bag of Tricks Cat.
- This is the first appearance of the Executioner Bandit.